Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway: First look at new series | TV & Radio | Showbiz & TV

Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway: First look at new series | TV & Radio | Showbiz & TV


Saturday Night Takeaway hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly have confirmed that work on the latest series of the show has begun after they took to Instagram today.

The iconic TV presenting duo gave fans of the show a sneak peak of their first writing session of the new series.

As always, viewers will get a chance to be part of the show, with the fans able to sign up online via the their new website.

The caption on photo teaser read: “The first meeting for Saturday Night Takeaway 2020… exciting times! If you want to be part of it details (above). Come on, you know you want to!”

The pair also put emojis over parts that could have given the game away to viewers as to what they might be getting up to in the new year.

Viewers quickly took to the comments to express their excitement over the show’s return.

One viewer said: “Can’t wait I love you Ant and Dec, you are hilarious.”

Another echoed: “Excited for the return of SNT, best show on TV.”

Ant has been away from the show for nearly two years following his drink-drive charge and the show did not air this year. 

Speaking to The Mirror last month, a show insider said “there’s a real buzz around the show,” now that Ant is back.

“It promises to be bigger and better than ever,” the insider continued. “As much as Dec did a great job on his own, it just wasn’t the same without Ant.”

Bosses reportedly decided against airing the show last year because “neither Ant and Dec nor ITV wanted to compromise the quality of the show“.

Ant also missed out on presenting I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! for the first time since it began.

Holly Willoughby filled in his shoes in Australia for the 2018 series, alongside Dec.

Fans of the duo can look forward to seeing him back down under for the latest series in the coming months. 

There will also be a shake-up the I’m A Celeb’s sister show I’m A Celebrity: Extra Camp  as both hosts from last year have stepped down.

Joe Swash and Scarlett Moffatt both confirmed they would not be returning again to present the show this winter.

Meanwhile, there are plenty of rumours as to who will be heading into the jungle including Mark Labbett from The Chase.

However, the quizzer shut down rumours during a recent appearance on Loose Women.

Saturday Night Takeaway will return early next year on ITV



Source link

About The Author

We are independent. we bring you the Real news from around the world.

Related posts